Making lists is my favorite thing to do when I’m writing on paper. I don’t particularly like writing paragraphs of feelings and bullshit, however I still do like putting my thoughts on a page. I have recently found the best way to do that is by listing all the things that come to my brain. This most closely resembles the way my brain operates… I think. Since I clearly have not shared anything new on this blog, I figured I would go through some of my analog lists and digitize them via this keyboard (and extrapolate on the really interesting stuff). Then, anyone who actually minds to read this/all my stalkers will know what’s been up in the past couple weeks.
I’m going to start with the summer to do list and I’m going to bold all the things that I have accomplished thus far and star the things that have been scheduled but are yet to happen or are a work in progress.
“Things To Do Summer 2013” April 4, 2013.
- acquire a car
- acquire a bike
- acquire a job
- waterfront Wednesdays… all the Wednesdays
- tabata Tuesday bikes
- be nocturnal for like 3 days
- Bonnaroo & Forecastle *
- read all the Malcolm Gladwell books *
- buy local only for 3 weeks
- abstain from chocolate for a week (or so)
- grow a plant
- grow a savings account
- meet 5 rappers
- take lots of photos *
- take advantage of all things free *
“Cool Things About Today” May 21, 2013
- The Kollection contributor!
- NCAA selection show @ 5pm (4hrs & 42 min)
- room cleaning
- drinking by the pool all day yesterday
- stealing like and artist
And then at the bottom of this page I added a clip out from a magazine that I newspaper blackout-ed. Maybe I will share these one day but I am going to be honest and say I’m too lazy to upload the photo. By the way, we didn’t make NCAA’s. Also, click on that link for The Kollection to see all the blog posts I’ve submitted so far. The next link is to a sweet book by Austin Kleon, and anyone who cares about being creative ought to read it.
The next list is really long so I’m only going to take the first few.
“I woke up to write this down” May 28, 2013
- use the word lucrative more often
- find a lucrative hobby
- stop lying to yourself about not having lucrative hobby ideas – do them
- write more
- care less about what you will think when you go back & read what you wrote
- if you don’t like it, throw it off a bridge, burn it, bury it
- lists are good
- ride the bike you borrowed from Dasha EVERYWHERE!
- make up words and use them shamelessly
- fill this page
- write so fast you look like a dyslexic
- become really good at your job – even the most mundane tasks
- read more Austin Kleon
Finally, I am going to share yesterdays list because it is the most recent.
“Untitled” June 1, 2013
- a new month
- Paula drawing – nearly complete
- I love listing
- dried mango strips
- nobody has been home all day
- going to Market Street
- Hannah’s 21st birthday celebration tonight
- it’s been rainy this morning
- two Christian ladies tried to talk to me this morning about religion
That’s a wrap. On my list for today I would add “more blog posts”, but I’m too tired to do anything right now. So goodnight! Ugh, this post has no visual and that’s bothering me. Will add later.