Today I skipped racquetball class in order to study for a test, and on top of that I was exhausted and couldn’t be bothered to go to a 10 o’clock class after a decently hard practice only to sweat even more. I found myself in an incredibly distracted mood. Out of habit I drank a cup of coffee, which killed the prospect of me napping before attempting to study for this test. So I did this instead:
1. Shoved the metal part of a binder clip into my earlobe. You know, the ancient art of earlobe stretching. Well after a warm shower and pure boredom I gauged my ear to binder clip size. Sorry I’m so curious… and gross.
2. Wrote down every 2k erg time I’ve ever rowing in college. I was feeling really introspective and wanted to prove to myself that I have succeeded in the art of success and failure. I decided that failure isn’t necessarily a bad thing and the better you learn to fail, the more you will succeed. The problem comes when you decide to quit. Between November 13, 2009, and last Saturday, which was February 2, 2013, I have done thirteen 2k tests. I’ve decided 7 of them were successes, and I really only consider 4 of them failures because I wrote things like “shit” and “fail take two” next to them. But no matter. They were still worth it. The other two just were 2k tests I guess.
3. Listened to 12 Skizzy Mars songs. I just sat there at my computer, stared at it for a bit, let the songs play. Maybe checked Facebook or twitter 5 or 13 times, and listened to the music. Then I kind of let them play as I did the rest of the things on this list.
4. Toasted a bagel in the oven on broil. I actually did this first thing when I got home because I don’t function well while hungry, but this is where this activity falls on the list I wrote this morning so I’m going to allow it to stay number 4. Every time I use the toaster, I’m afraid that Barbie’s plastic wonder dream house is burning down, because that’s what it smells like. Burning plastic.
5. Took a 20 Minute Shower, even though I was going to work out again. I sat in my sweaty rowing clothes for way too long before I decided that I had to shower. Even though I was going to be working out that afternoon, I wanted a shower. Is that too much for a girl to ask for? No. You’d thank me had you been anywhere close.
6. Tried to nap. I really tried, but it was that coffee. I eventually fell asleep 15 minutes before I had to wake up for the test I wasn’t studying for. Thankfully I had set my alarm. Worst nap ever.
7. This. I decided that I should write a list of things that I had done instead of studying so I could over analyse each bit of it in the form of a blog post to share with the general public who may or may not care what I did today instead of studying. The general public also may or may not have stopped reading after I admitted to shoving binder clips into my earlobes.
With few edits, this is what I wrote on the notes app of my iPhone. Thought I’d share since I would have shared it anyways had I not been on an airplane. Although, I would not have written it had I not been on an airplane. So these are some rare thoughts, my friends. Whatever that means.
Whenever I get on a plane I get the strongest urges to start tweeting about things but I can’t use my 3G. Why, world, why? I wish I could attach pictures to notes because I would attach one of this massive Reese’s wrapper ball that I have amassed.
Also Jared Evan is a beast in the music game and is extremely underrated.
I also find if funny how I [create] these wild stream of consciousness notes while I fly. The other thing that I find wild is the fact that I can type almost perfectly on this but when I send text messages I mistype every other word.
I wonder what the Reese’s peanut butter filling recipe is because I would love to have that. I find it easier to sit next to strangers on a plane so I don’t feel obligated to share my chocolate. I am a greedy chocolate bitch.
I have seen more Botox in the Miami airport than I ever have anywhere else.
I just read over the rap I wrote on the flight home for thanksgiving and I honestly think that if I took rap lessons I could be a pretty legitimate rapper. I’d be the female version of Dylan Owen I believe.
I want to live in New York City. And I would absolutely love to visit Seattle some time in the near future, please and thank you universe.
Reese’s refuse to come clean from their wrappers. So frustrating.
The girl next to me is judging the shit out I my Reese’s eating I just know it.
Is ginger ale the drink of a basic bitch or an adventurous sophisticated bitch? I have yet to tell.
I’m 21 years old and I have never peed on an airplane or a bus. I have peed on a train an that was a terrible experience that has kept me from ever peeing on a bathroom in a vehicle that is used to transport people. On this note, maybe being a rapper isn’t the job for me because I would have to be on a tour bus (if I was famous enough of course) and I would have to pee in the toilet [on the bus]. Come to think of it, I think I have peed on a toilet on a ferry before which I thought was terrifying and I would avoid it at all costs if possible.
Honestly there has to be a job out there that would allow me to do shit like this on a daily basis. Listening to music, traveling around, and writing down my thoughts and possibly rap songs. I swear I will find it and I will have the type of job people are jealous of. That is my goal. Not to make people jealous, but to do something that people would strive to be able to do.
I hope the kiwis are having a good flight.
Also on a side note Elise gets to chase the sunset on her flight home. Jealous. I wish I was going west with how pretty this sunset it.
I refuse to eat another Reese until my ginger ale comes.
Why would you ever order tomato juice if there is no vodka, tabasco sauce, and a stick of celery to go in it??
Jared Evan is SERIOUSLY (italics) the most underrated rap artist I know. I would tweet and Facebook that, that’s how serious I am. Meg Myers for female singer because I guess Jared is a singer too.
Unorthodox like Basquiat with the pencil. Macklemore said that in a rap song once.